- Jon Barton - SWAT Leader
- Kevin Breznahan - Dennis Jones
- Dwier Brown - William Copeland
- James C. Burns - Commander Lewis
- Kathleen Mary Carthy - Helen Godfrey
- Katie Cecil - Belinda Copeland
- Eric Christie - Sergeant Cooper
- Len Cordova - Hal Greene
- Brooke DeBetties - Connie Sutter
- Skyler Gisondo - Boy #1
- Tracey Needham - Marilyn Copeland
- Judith Scott - Detective Charlotte Russet
- Ned Vaughn - Donald Curtis
- Time Winters - Kirk Lomax
- "When the Music's Not Forgotten" by Deadman
- Jason Gideon: The poet W.H. Auden wrote, "Evil is always unspectacular and always human, and shares our bed, and eats at our table."
- Jason Gideon: "Measure not the work until the day's out and the labor done." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- During a conversation between Gideon, Reid, and Detective Charlotte Russet, the former two mention the "stranger danger" (commonly known as "Don't talk to strangers") program that was widely shown in public schools. Reid mentions it taught children about a "scary man", ignoring the fact that most child abductions and harm are not due to strangers, but instead by persons known to the child, resulting in children and others being misinformed about the risk of stranger abduction, leaving an entire generation of children unaware that strangers are only a fraction of the offenders.
- Key parts of the case were taken from an unspecified case James T. Clemente, then the show's BAU consultant worked on during his time with the unit.
- At the end of this episode the camera pans over the photos of Gideon's "survivors" (the people he helped rescue) and the second to last photo is of Josh Patel, the drunk passenger aboard the train that was hijacked in Derailed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.