The BAU is called to investigate the murder of two small-town high school students who may have been victims of a cult killing. Based on the crime scene evidence, the team begins to suspect that someone other than a cult member may be responsible.
- Jon Barton - SWAT Leader
- Matt Bennett - Adam Lloyd
- Chris Butler - Deputy Harris
- Shanna Collins - Brandy Dreifort
- Julie Davenport - Ashlee Johnson
- Dale Duko - Reverend Paul Burke
- Kovar McClure - Deputy #2
- Michael McGrady - Sheriff John Bridges
- Aaron Paul - Mike Zizzo
- Rae Ritke - Veronica Hanson
- Will Rothhaar - Cory Bridges
- Clay Wilcox - Henry Dent
- Ellen Woglom - Cherish Hanson
- "Hate" by Drowning Pool
- "Make Slow" by Agents of the Sun
- "Always Leaving" by Cowboy Mouth
- "Make Tomorrow Today" by Paul Buchanan
- Jason Gideon: Sir Peter Ustinov said, "Unfortunately, a super abundance of dreams is paid for by a growing potential for nightmares."
- Jason Gideon: Playwright Eugene Ionesco said, "Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together."
- During the episode, Gideon claims that there has been no confirmed examples of ritual murder. This would no longer be true six months after this episode aired, as Gerald Robinson was convicted of murder for the ritual killing of Margaret Ann Pahl.