The BAU continues to decipher the clues given to each of them by a killer to save his most recent victim. Reid realizes that his personal life could help solve the case as one member of the team struggles to live.
- Brian Appel - Agent Grant Anderson
- Amanda Bernero - Rebecca Bryant
- Martha Boles - Agent Breen
- Josh Clark - Detective Casey
- Sabrina Gennarino - Paramedic #2
- Rachel Grow - Mental Health Nurse
- Steve Heller - Surgeon
- Anne Marie Howard - Celia Bryant
- Elizabeth Liang - Doctor Van Dyke
- Jane Lynch - Diana Reid
- Jeff Marchelletta - Officer Robert Greenaway
- Andrew Elvis Miller - Paramedic #1
- Gracie Kathryn Murdoch - Young Elle Greenaway
- Joey Nader - Barry
- Adrian N. Roberts - Pilot
- Charley Rossman - Randall Garner
- "You and I Both" by Jason Mraz
- "The Riddle" by Five for Fighting
- Jason Gideon: "The defects and faults of the mind are like wounds in the body; after all imaginable care has been taken to heal them up, still there will be a scar left behind." - French writer François La Rochefoucauld
- Spencer Reid: "It has been said time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." - Rose Kennedy
- Having previously been a guest star and also credited as "Also Starring" during Season One, Kirsten Vangsness, the actress who portrays Garcia, was promoted to being part of the main cast as of this episode.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.