The BAU continues to decipher the clues given to each of them by a killer to save his most recent victim. Reid realizes that his personal life could help solve the case as one member of the team struggles to live.
- Brian Appel - Agent Grant Anderson
- Amanda Bernero - Rebecca Bryant
- Martha Boles - Agent Breen
- Josh Clark - Detective Casey
- Sabrina Gennarino - Paramedic #2
- Rachel Grow - Mental Health Nurse
- Steve Heller - Surgeon
- Anne Marie Howard - Celia Bryant
- Elizabeth Liang - Doctor Van Dyke
- Jane Lynch - Diana Reid
- Jeff Marchelletta - Officer Robert Greenaway
- Andrew Elvis Miller - Paramedic #1
- Gracie Kathryn Murdoch - Young Elle Greenaway
- Joey Nader - Barry
- Adrian N. Roberts - Pilot
- Charley Rossman - Randall Garner
- "You and I Both" by Jason Mraz
- "The Riddle" by Five for Fighting
- Jason Gideon: "The defects and faults of the mind are like wounds in the body; after all imaginable care has been taken to heal them up, still there will be a scar left behind." - French writer François La Rochefoucauld
- Spencer Reid: "It has been said time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." - Rose Kennedy
- Kirsten Vangsness, the actress who portrays Garcia, was promoted to being part of the main cast as of this episode after being previously been a guest star and also credited as "Also Starring" during Season One.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.