The team members try to identify a stalker before he can attack a woman in Silver Spring, Maryland. Disturbing secrets emerge, meanwhile the lady’s dog is stolen, but returned and rescued. During this time, Hotch and Rossi are called as consultants on a possible murder case involving battered woman syndrome in Boston by a highly unconvinced prosecutor.
- Brian Appel - Agent Grant Anderson
- Jon Barton - SWAT Leader
- Aviva Baumann - Sarah Henson
- Brad Beyer - Detective Steve Berry
- Barbara Eve Harris - District Attorney Eve Alexander
- Courtney Henggeler - Jenna
- Mary-Margaret Humes - Audrey Henson
- Victor Z. Isaac - Nathan Henson
- Scott Lowell - Michael Hicks
- Guy Nardulli - Undercover Cop
- Angel Parker - Cashier
- Kosha Patel - Clerk
- Jeffrey Pierce - Ryan Scott
- Bonnie Root - Keri Derzmond
- Julie Sanford - Nancy Ferguson
- Camden Singer - Hannah
- Patty Hearst
- Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Ileen Barzee
- Emily Prentiss: Author Christian Nestell Bovee once wrote, "No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities."
- Jennifer Jareau: Susan B. Anthony said, "A woman must not depend on the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself."
- This is the second of nine episodes to deal with two separate cases. The first is "Damaged," also a Season Three episode, which dealt with a mentally-challenged killer and a death-row inmate. The others are part of an arc involving Reid in Season Twelve.
- A building with a plaque reading "Bernero Bros Building Silver Springs, MD Conservation Commission National Register Of Historic Places" can be seen in the background of a scene with JJ and Prentiss. Edward Allen Bernero served as the series showrunner for six seasons.