Suicide by cop is a colloquial term used to describe an unsub's act of forcing Law Enforcement officials to shoot or otherwise kill them. This act is almost invariably the fate of all rampage killers. The killer, having reached a point of no return, will prefer his/her own death over indefinite incarceration or institutionalization.
On Criminal Minds
Suicides by cop, as well as attempts at suicide by cop, have been occasionally featured in Criminal Minds. In the episode "Nameless, Faceless," Reid profiles that revenge-motivated killers usually commit suicide by cop in order to make some sort of statement.
Suicides by Cop on Criminal Minds
The following criminals committed Suicide by Cop.
- Season One
- Season Two
- Season Four
- Season Five
- Patrick Meyers ("Faceless, Nameless") - with Reid; attempted, but survived
- J. Turner and C. Vincent ("Hopeless") - with Police
- Dale Schrader ("Retaliation") - with Morgan and Prentiss
- Bill Hodges ("Parasite") - with Russell Goldman
- Billy Flynn ("The Longest Night" and "Our Darkest Hour") - with Morgan; also appeared in Season Six
- Season Six
- Season Seven
- Season Eight
- Season Eleven
- Season Thirteen