The BAU must determine what connects six people that each received a mysterious package in order to identify the unsub. Also, Simmons and his wife Kristy must deal with their son, David, who got suspended from school.
- Shane Coffey - Emmanuel Rask
- Kelly Frye - Kristy Simmons
- Jude B. Lanston - Detective Calvin Mile
- Izabella Miko - Galina Kadlec
- Jeremy Mitchell - Byron Maddock
- Joanna Sotomura - Geena Raptis
- Tory N. Thompson - Phillip Wesson
- Rolonda Watts - Doctor Melissa Myers
- David Whaley - David Simmons
- Eric D. Young - Doctor Nicolas Kauffmann
- "Kill You" by The Spiffs
- "Nervous Breakdown" by Black Flag
- "Bullet" by The Misfits
- David Rossi: "The charm of fame is so great that we like every object to which it is attached, even death." — Blaise Pascal
- Matt Simmons: "Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them." — James Baldwin
- The title of the episode has two distinct meanings:
- In pop culture terms, Rule 34 is a well-known meme that states that "If it exists, there is pornography of it. No exceptions."
- In federal terms, Rule 34 applies to the 34th rule of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, in which a party can seek documents and other real objects from parties and non-parties.
- Joanna Sotomura, the actress who portrayed Geena Raptis, also portrayed Lisa in an episode of Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.