Gideon and the team go to the small town of Golconda, Nevada to help apprehend the man who could be the most prolific serial killer ever. When the killer is reported to be at a diner, Gideon and Morgan go inside to question him. Meanwhile, the rest of the team tries to find the solution as to why the suspect keeps coming back to the same town every year, as well as rescue his latest victim.
- Keith Carradine - Frank Breitkopf
- James Horan - Mark Davis
- Melissa Leo - Sheriff Georgia Davis
- Amy Madigan - Jane Hanratty
- Ryan McBay - Young Frank Breitkopf
- J.K. Palmer - Ned
- Otto Sanchez - Deputy Rick Silo
- Rusty Schwimmer - Lila May
- "At Last" by Etta James
- "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple
- Jason Gideon: Aristotle said, "Evil brings men together."
- The episode was originally scheduled to air on January 10, 2007. However, it was delayed by a week, and a public service announcement was held in its place instead.