- Michael Adler - Patrick Meyers
- Paul Butcher - Jeffrey Barton
- Christopher Cousins - Doctor Tom Barton
- John Eddins - Detective Walker
- Norma Hans - Grieving Mother
- C. Thomas Howell - George Foyet
- Kelly Lloyd - Principal Sheila Findlay
- Meredith Monroe - Haley Brooks
- Laura Niemi - Doctor Zwerling
- Cade Owens - Jack Hotchner
- Gary P. Stein, Jr. - SWAT Commander
- D.B. Sweeney - U.S. Marshal Sam Kassmeyer
- David Rossi: Karl Kraus said, "A weak man has doubts before a decision; a strong man has them afterwards."
- This is the last episode of the entire series to have the theme song played over both the opening and closing credits. As of the following episode, a completely different song would be played over the closing credits.
- Reid spent most of the episode sitting on a couch, since his actor Matthew Gray Gubler sustained a leg injury prior to filming. A stunt performer was used in the scene where Reid takes a bullet for Dr. Barton, which begins a minor story-arc where he is consequently using crutches for the first portion of the season in order to cover up his real-life leg injury as it heals.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.