- Nicholas Brendon - Analyst Kevin Lynch
- Pat Caldwell - Mrs. Brown
- David Carpenter - Doctor Richard Johnson
- Peter Colburn - Mr. Porter
- Dale Dickey - Carol Beardsley
- Robert Dolan - Keith Graves
- Kimberly Estrada - Brenda Bright
- Wings Hauser - Sheriff Steve Rhodes
- Eric Ladin - Joshua Beardsley
- Scarlett McAlister - Deputy Susan Flack
- Steven Montfort - Craig Ramey
- Natasha Sims - Kat Allen
- Karen Strassman - Martha Porter
- Mark L. Young - Owen Porter
- Penelope Garcia: "Nature, in her most dazzling aspects or stupendous parts, is but the background and theater of the tragedy of man." - John Morley
- Penelope Garcia: Ralph W. Sockman said, "Nothing is so strong as gentleness, and nothing is so gentle as real strength."
- Scarlett McAlister, the actress that played Deputy Susan Flack, previously appeared on Criminal Minds, starring as Betty in the episode "Solitary Man," also of Season Five.
- The main setting of this episode is Franklin, Alaska, which is a ghost town in real life. A similar narrative device was used two episodes earlier, in "A Rite of Passage," where the setting was named after a ghost town on the Mexico-Texas border.
- Though depicted in the episode, there are no real-life Sheriffs in Alaska. Their functions are fulfilled by the Alaska State Troopers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.