The BAU continues its serial murder investigation in Texas, and clues uncover a deep, dark web of corruption that could be the motive for the killings. Meanwhile, as one team member's life hangs in the balance, another concerned BAU member must face a sad secret from the past, and Garcia is thrust into action to save a colleague.
- David Atkinson - Deputy Everett
- Lucas Barker - Josh Stidham
- Potsch Boyd - Deputy Greg Baylor
- Tamara Clatterbuck - Dinah Stidham
- Brett Cullen - Preacher Justin Mills
- Romi Dias - Deputy Vicky Lorenzana
- Shannon Kern - EMT #2
- Tim Lane - Doctor Wolfe
- Esai Morales - FBI Section Chief Director Mateo Cruz
- Betty Murphy - Betty Stidham
- Brady Smith - Deputy Marty Bennett
- Trevor Scott - EMT #1
- Michael Trucco - Deputy Owen McGregor
- Kevin E. West - Sheriff Peter Coleman
- "Where Do We Go from Here" by Alicia Keys
- "Maybe" by Lily Kershaw
- Spencer Reid: "When truth is buried, it grows. It chokes. It gathers such an explosive force that on the day it bursts out, it blows up everything with it." — Émile Zola
- Spencer Reid: "We must be willing to get rid of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." — Joseph Campbell
- This marks the third time in a row that Lily Kershaw has sung for the second part of a two-part season finale. The first time was the song "As It Seems" for Season Seven's "Hit" and "Run", while the second time was the song "Ashes Like Snow" for Season Eight's "Brothers Hotchner" and "The Replicator".
- Last appearance of Jeanne Tripplehorn in the main cast as Dr. Alex Blake
- The building that was used for the exterior shots of Reid's apartment, The Langham, was the same building used for exterior shots of Hotch's own apartment back in Season Five.
- The titles of the two episode parts, "Angels" and "Demons," is possibly a reference to the Dan Brown novel Angels and Demons, the book where the character Robert Langdon was first introduced
- Credited as "Male Nurse"