- Jon Barton - SWAT Leader
- Roxanne Beckford - Medical Examiner
- Michael Biehn - Detective Ron Fullwood
- Nicholas Brendon - Analyst Kevin Lynch
- Vondie Curtis-Hall - Stanley Usher
- Lolita Davidovich - Sandra Lombardini
- Jeff Elam - Groundskeeper
- Mark Hawkins - Detective Duran
- Sam Littlefield - Roderick Gless
- Randolph Mantooth - Patrick Gless
- Mercedes McNab - Brooke Lombardini
- Michael Merton - Coroner
- David O'Hara - Ed Gein
- Andrew Patrick Ralston - Bernard
- Nina Rausch - Abigail Reina Hansen
- Cybill Shepherd - Leona Gless
- Owen Sholar - Young Roderick Gless
- Doug Smith - Cop
- Olivia Summers - Paramedic #1
- Matt Winston - Ivan Bakunas
- Ed Gein, The Plainfield Ghoul
- Jennifer Jareau: "...and so all the night tide, I lie down by the side, of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride. In the sepulcher there by the sea, in her tomb by the sounding sea." – Edgar Allan Poe
- David Rossi: "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." – Stuart Chase
- "Cold comfort" is a phrase that means "poor or inadequate consolation".
- The names Roderick Gless and Stanley Usher are a possible reference to Roderick Usher, a character in The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allan Poe, who is also the source of the quote used at the beginning of the episode.
- In one scene, a delivery truck parked in an alleyway has a sign reading Bernero Linen Supply, as a reference to executive producer Edward Allen Bernero.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.