"Bad Moon on the Rise" is the twelfth episode of Season Thirteen and the 289th overall of Criminal Minds.
When brutal casualties are reported in New York, the BAU is called to investigate.
- Daniella Alonso - Lisa Douglas
- Derek Anthony - Captain Martin Savalas
- Leana Chavez - Cop #1
- Nico Christou - Bryce McCord
- Melissa De Sousa - Adele McCord
- Jon Donahue - Greg Winters
- Khalid Ghajji - Frankie Brown
- Ken Hodges - Brad Norton
- Jackie Houston - Wife
- Chaz Ingram - Husband
- Carlin James - Chad Higgins
- Ronnie Marmo - Mitchell McCord
- Anthony Martins - Vihaan Patel
- Eliot Rodriguez - Passerby
- Susan Slome - Medical Examiner Clare Kaufman
- Jess Weaver - Robber
- Daphne Abdela and Christopher Vasquez
- "Apple of an Eye" by Tab the Band
- "Lowlands" by Far Lands
- Tara Lewis: "It is the very error of the moon; She comes more nearer earth than she was wont. And makes men mad." — William Shakespeare
- Luke Alvez: Curt Siodmak wrote, "Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the moon is full and bright."
- The title of the episode is similar to the name of a song by Creedence Clearwater Revival, released in April 1969. In fact, the lyrics of the chorus include "There's a bad moon on the rise."
- Khalid Ghajji, the actor who portrayed Frankie Brown, had previously portrayed Haji in the two Season Eleven episodes "A Badge and a Gun" and "Derek".