A serial arsonist who targets the homes of upper-middle-class families as they sleep is investigated. The BAU determines the arson victims are linked together via corporate development companies that have been accused of building on contaminated land, a possible motive for the unsub.
- Jon Barton - SWAT Leader
- Christina Carlisi - Allison Abby
- Mercedes Colón - Detective Leah Castro
- Angelo Custino - Liam Abby
- Stacy Edwards - Charlotte Cutler
- Jordan Garrett - Paul Cutler
- Adria Johnson - Reporter
- Karen Lew - Doctor
- John Nielsen - Dennis Cutler
- Sean O'Bryan - Vincent Stiles
- Sean Peavy - Brad Dunleivy
- Reed Rudy - Thomas Dunleivy
- Anthony Ruivivar - Lieutenant Ricardo Vega
- Tom Schanley - Evan Abby
- Nichole Smolen - Katie Dunleivy
- "Boadicea" by Enya
- "Grey Room" by Damien Rice
- Aaron Hotchner: "The torture of a bad conscience is the hell of a living soul." – John Calvin
- Aaron Hotchner: Gandhi said, "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
- The Earth Defense Force (EDF), which the episode's unsub and his killer were members of, was likely inspired by the Earth Liberation Front (ELF), a group of normally radical environmentalist known for committing arson as a tactic to punish and sabotage companies they deem anti-environment. Both groups share a non-violent philosophy, resulting in zero deaths from their arson, but are stilled viewed as dangerous because fires may spread. Both groups are said by the FBI to only have not killed someone out of pure luck, although the EDF if accused of this out of ignorance of their non-violent philosophy while the ELF is accused of this due to the unpredictability of fire.